• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram Social Icon




UNISON members working

in food protection

Where We Organise 

Local Government

United Kingdom

Civil Service

England, Wales & Northern Ireland


Treat Yourself

We are UNISON members working as Environmental Health Officers in local government; Meat Hygiene Inspectors, Official Veterinarians and officers in the Food Crime Unit for the Food Standards Agency, Food Standards Scotland and their support staff.






Ask a meat inspector or environmental health officer a question

Ask a UNISON member working in meat inspection in a meat plant or an environmental health officer in local government a question about why food regulation is so important


© 2019, Paul Bell at UNISON

Get Involved

Write to your elected representatives in your regional assembly or to your Member of Parliament and say you want independent, civil servants and local authority environmental health officers checking your food to make sure it is safe and disease free. Say no to abscesses and tumours on your plate

To find out who is your MSP in Scotland, 

click HERE


To find out who is your Welsh Assembly Member,

click HERE

To find out who is your Member of Parliament,

click HERE